15 Powerful Usain Bolt Quotes: Tracing The Fastest Man’s Footsteps
Usain Bolt has outrun all the fastest humans on the planet. His only competition left now includes animals like cheetahs, lions, and elks.
He has paid his dues and come a long way to reach where he’s today. There’s a lot we can learn from him about struggle, practice, and motivation.
Here are the 15 most powerful Usain Bolt quotes from the fastest man alive.
1. No matter how far you get ahead of me, I’m gonna catch you. That’s my mentality that I go there with.
If you think you’re strong, you will create strong results and vice-versa. So don’t be afraid if your dreams scare you. Go one step a time, learn from your mistakes and soon you’ll emerge as the number one.
2. One thing I’ve learned over the years from my core set, the LAST ONE (set) is the most important one. Because THAT’S WHEN you start improving. THAT’S WHEN the work pays off now. Because your legs are DEAD and you gotta push your body. It’s like moving past a barrier.
You should always stretch your comfort zone. If you can do 10 pushups today, try doing 15 tomorrow. Most people are accustomed to a comfortable life and so they never go beyond their limits. Don’t be like them. This is one of the best Usain Bolt quotes ever.
3. Dreams are free. Goals have a cost. While you can daydream for free, goals don’t come without a price. Time, Effort, Sacrifice, and Sweat. How will you pay for your goals?
Every person dreams, but not everyone sets goals and works hard. If you really want to live your dreams, you need to make sacrifices, make pain your ally and learn from it. Most people dream but run away from pain and struggle. And that’s why those dreams never become real.
4. I know what I can do so it doesn’t bother me what other people think or their opinion on the situation.
If you’re trying to impress other people, you have already failed. Because no matter how great you become, there will always be some haters. So don’t listen to your haters. Haters discourage others because they know that they can’t do it themselves.
5. I think a lot of people, they see you run and they say, “aaah it looks so easy, looks effortless”. But before it gets to that point, it’s hard; it’s hard work. It’s day-in, day-out sacrifice. Just DYING this time when you run and you just want to stop, you want to give up, you just want to go home.
The transformation from who you are to where you want to be is going to be hard. Why? Because your comfort zone will pull you closer every time you will try to try to stretch yourself beyond it. But once you stay long enough, the pain will subside and you will reach your goals.
6. Worrying gets you nowhere. If you turn up worrying about how you’re going to perform, you’ve already lost. Train hard, turn up, run your best and the rest will take care of itself.
Worrying is a misuse of your imagination. Instead of wasting your energy in worrying, utilize that time to become better and stronger.
7. There are better starters than me but I’m a strong finisher.
It doesn’t matter where you come from, what your educational background is or how much money you have. All that matters is your willingness to persevere.
8. I know what I can do, so I never doubt myself.
If you do the work, you will know your strengths and weaknesses. Fear and doubt only exist when you don’t take action. When you take action, you know that you’re moving forward and you will reach there sooner or later.
9. I think the key thing is to train hard and you definitely need competition, you definitely need races because I believe over the years that training helps you but you have to compete against other people who’re a higher level to build you up, make you know what else you need to work on.
Training is good but you should compete with people who are better than you so that your limits are challenged and you become stronger than you ever imagined. This is one of the of the most insightful Usain Bolt quotes ever.
10. Easy is not a option..No days off..Never Quit..Be Fearless.. Talent you have Naturally.. Skill is only developed by hours and hours of work.
Talent is a seed which can help you build skill by grinding every single day. But without hard work, talent is worthless. The world is full of average people with great ideas. On our list, this is one of the best Usain Bolt quotes.
11. Don’t think about the start of the race, think about the ending.
Whenever you set a goal, you’ll find that starting is often the most frightening part. But if you focus on how you’d feel once you reach there, you’ll have the motivation to not only start but last longer than others. Use your imagination wisely.
12. Learning the mind is as important as understanding the body.
You are not your mind. You are the driver and your mind is the steering wheel. It’s up to you how you control the direction of your life. Train your mind every day. This can be done by working out, meditation, running, and focusing on your work without getting distracted.
13. You have to set yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success.
Goals energize us because they show us how our lives can change for the better. People always want to reach the next level. So setting goals that inspire you is necessary.
14. Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.
The best revenge you’ll ever have is with success. It doesn’t matter how bad you were ridiculed or humiliated in life. All that matters is what you transform into.
15. When I was young, I didn’t really think about anything other than sports.
You have to love what you do. Life is really short and you know it. There’s no point playing it safe when you’re going to die and leave this world anyway. So make the best of it.