Dale Carnegie was an American writer and lecturer whose teachings on self-improvement and interpersonal skills made him famous worldwide.
10 of the most inspirational Dale Carnegie quotes.
1) “It isn’t what you have or who you are or where you are or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about it.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
Our ability to change our perception means we have the ability to change our reality. By choosing to see difficulties as challenges and hard times as periods of growth, we inevitably alter our perception and create happiness for ourselves.
2) “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
Having gratitude for all of the blessings in your life is the key to lasting happiness. If you focus on counting your blessings instead of your problems, you will notice how rich you truly are.
3) “Any fool can criticize, complain, and condemn—and most fools do. But it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
How easy it is for us to point the finger of blame, but it takes true courage and humility to practice forgiveness and compassion.
4) “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
Success means consistent and constant action towards your goals. Even when there seems like there is no hope, keep going. You don’t know how close you may be to your next achievement.
5) “Everybody in the world is seeking happiness—and there is one sure way to find it. That is by controlling your thoughts. Happiness doesn’t depend on outward conditions. It depends on inner conditions.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
By practicing self awareness, we become active participants in the creation of our own happiness and success. Once you decide to become the watcher of your thoughts, you can start to adjust and control them to serve your highest purpose.
6) “If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
As with the quote above, self-awareness is key to creating a life you actually want. If you are running on autopilot, i.e. existing only in the thought patterns that have been fed to you by influences like the media, television and even you family; then you are not actively participating in the creation of your life.
7) “You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
Fear is a construct of our minds created to keep us safe. But it works against us when it keeps us from taking action. Learning to be in touch with your mind and recognising when it is creating fear-based thoughts will empower you to overcome them.
8) “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation, for your character is what you are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
Who you are in this life matters infinitely more than what you do. The success you seek isn’t worth a dime if you aren’t fulfilled, and true fulfilment comes from how you serve others, not just yourself.
9) “The successful man will profit from his mistakes and try again in a different way.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
The only true failure is when you quit. Learn from your mistakes and keep going.
10) “Today is life-the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today.” Dale Carnegie Quotes
Right now really is the only moment we are guaranteed of. Make sure you live it well. So what are you waiting for? Get out there.
What are some of your favourite Dale Carnegie Quotes? Share them below.