12 Things Steve Jobs Said That Could Change Your Life in 2018
It’s hard to believe the iPhone X was just released and the first iPhone was unveiled over a decade ago. While Steve Jobs has been gone since 2011 his legacy continues to inspire.
Steve Jobs was many things to many people but his view of the world, innovation, and unique way of looking at the universe will be with me forever. I still watch his Stanford commencement speech every month to remind myself that time is limited.
Here are 12 Things Steve Jobs Said to help you change your life in 2018:
1. “I want to put a ding in the universe.” – Steve Jobs
Make 2018 the biggest and best year of your life. Set big goals and commit to making changes, not resolutions.
2. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
Dream big. No one who has ever accomplished big things has done it with a small vision. Instead of thinking of what could go wrong, start thinking what could go right in 2018.
3. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.” – Steve Jobs
No one is perfect, don’t focus on perfection in the new year. Focus on learning from your failures and moving on to the next project.
4. “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.” – Steve Jobs
Smart and successful people are curious. They are always learning. Spend 2018 immersed in learning and getting out of your comfort zone. You are one great idea away from changing your life forever.
5. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.” – Steve Jobs
Don’t waste another second at a job you hate. Figure out what you want to do, create a plan and make it happen. You will never regret doing great work. Don’t chase the paper, chase the dream. Ironically, the money will follow.
6. “The greatest thing is when you do put your heart and soul into something over an extended period of time, and it is worth it.” – Steve Jobs
While sometimes it may look like success is overnight that is rarely, if ever the case. Usually, success comes from consistency, hard work, and persistence over a very long period of time.
7. “Sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.” – Steve Jobs
Success is never linear, failing is part of the process. The next time life kicks you down make sure to get back up quickly. Never lose faith in yourself and in your vision for the future.
8. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful, that’s what matters to me.” – Steve Jobs
Money comes and goes. Use your wealth to invest in yourself, contribute to organizations you believe in and enjoy your life.
9. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
Sometimes you will do things and not know how it will connect to your future. Steve Jobs took a calligraphy class in college and never thought it would impact his future. A decade later, as he designed the first Macintosh, he used his knowledge from that class to create the first font ever.
Trust yourself in 2018.
10. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.” – Steve Jobs
Steve Jobs loved going on long walks just talking with other people….no technology involved. If the iPhone creator understands the importance of time you should too. Put your phone down and focus on living in the moment more in 2018.
11. “I’m as proud of many of things we haven’t done as things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.” – Steve Jobs
Make 2018 the “no” year. Don’t waste time saying yes to things you don’t want to do. Stop hanging out with people who aren’t helping you get closer to your goals.
12. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
Make 2018 the year where you focus on your goals. Stop listening to people and do what you really want to do. Once you silence the outside and listen to your inner voice you will take action.
Life is short, no one knows how long they have. Spend the time you do have creating great work, helping others, and spend time doing what you love.
I hope these Steve Jobs quotes help make 2018 your best year yet.