Kobe Bryant is retiring from the NBA this season. The future Hall of Famer is one of the best that has ever played the game. Here are some of the best Kobe Bryant quotes.
16 times in the All-Star team (17th is coming this season), fourth on the All-Time scoring list, and a holder of dozens of prestigious awards, Kobe Bryant has won everything that could be won in basketball. Five-time NBA Champion, four times an All-Star MVP, a regular season MVP in 2008, and many more. Kobe Bryant is an excellent example of success.
Drafted by the Charlotte Hornets in 1996, Kobe didn’t spend a whole week with his first team, being sent to Los Angeles Lakers in exchange for a center from Serbia, Vlade Divac. Kobe has been driving to the rim and shooting for the win in the yellow jersey ever since. And he is doing it with style.
Kobe Bryant is absolutely one of the best who has ever played the game. Compared with the immortal Michael Jordan, and the best all-around player for the last decade, Kobe is a force to be reckoned with. His success was doubted, first because he was a part of the unbeatable duo; critics signed the Lakers’ success to the Shaq and Kobe together, alongside the rest of the team. Kobe showed the critics his pure skill and value when Shaq left; Lakers won championships on carried on Kobe’s shoulders.
One of the most exciting finals in the history of the NBA was the 2010 clash between the arch-rivals, Lakers vs. Celtics. Kobe & Lakers won the title, and the Finals MVP climbed at the referee table with the ball in his hands and celebrated his fifth NBA title with spread wings.
Even after several injuries that might have ended the career for some, Kobe stood his ground and endured so he can return for another shot at the title. He’s now a respected elder in the league, one of the most successful athletes who ever played basketball. At the age 37, Kobe can still shoot like before; his last season is underway, and he receives standing ovations in every hall where Lakers come to play. Kobe is an athlete who can surely speak about confidence, winning, success, and motivation. Here are some of the best Kobe Bryant quotes, collected throughout his glorious career:
- “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero, or you score 40.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “My brain . . . It cannot process failure. It will not process failure. Because if I sit there and have to face myself and tell myself, ‘You’re a failure’ . . . I think that’s almost worse than death.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “I don’t want to be the next Michael Jordan, i only want to be Kobe Bryant” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “The most important thing is, you must put everybody on notice that you’re here, and you are for real. I’m not a player that is just going to come and go. I’m not a player that is going to make an All-Star team one time, two times. I’m here to be an all-time great. Once I made that commitment and said, “I want to be one of the greatest ever”, then the game became everything for me.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “I focus on one thing and one thing only – that’s trying to win as many championships as I can.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “I’m playing against great players, playing against the best in the world. The competition – that’s what I’ve always wanted.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have a fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena, and I’m like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
- “I don’t f*** with bees, man. Other than that, I’m not afraid of nothing.” – Kobe Bryant Quote
- “If you’re afraid to fail, then you’re probably going to fail.” – Kobe Bryant Quotes
The Best Kobe Bryant Inspirational Quotes & Videos:
Kobe Bryant – My Vengeance HD Motivational
Kobe Bryant ‘Mamba Mentality’ 2015
Kobe Bryant – Perfection | Basketball Motivation 2