He was the highest-paid athlete in sport for several years, and now he is a living legend in golf. Tiger Woods is the most famous golf player in the history of this game. He has grown to be an inspiration for every kid who wants to start a career in golf.
Woods had a brilliant amateur career during his college, and finally, he turned professional at the age of 20 in 1996. That is the moment where one amazing story began. During his professional career, he won 4 Masters tournaments, 3 U.S. Open tournaments, and 4 PGA Championships. He was the Rookie of the year in PGA tour in 1996, and Player of the year in PGA tour 13 times. For 10 years, he was a top earner among all players in PGA tour. After several injuries lately, he is closer to the bottom of the table than to the top, but still he is attracting a lot of attention wherever he plays.
Just one year after the start of his professional career, he won the Masters Tournament, one of the major tournaments in golf. The beginning of the new millennium was reserved for Woods. For 5 years in a row, he was the Player of the year in PGA tour, and at that time, he was a real attraction for the sponsors. He was a model for Nike, Rolex, and many other companies, but more than that he was an inspiration. He was the first black player in golf, and he was the best. Golf as a sport had gotten a new ambassador.
Unfortunately, at the top of his career, Woods started having problems in his private life. The tabloids were having a field day: affairs, sex addiction, car accidents, marriage break ups.
His long drive had an impact in golf at the very beginning of his professional career. Woods had a very powerful swing, but he managed to develop all aspects of his play during his career. Among the professional golfers, he is responsible for shifting the sport to a higher standard of athleticism.
Religion has a big impact on him, and as a Buddhist, he was involved in several charity campaigns. Also, he leads The Tiger Woods Foundation with the primary goal of promoting golf among inner-city children. Woods was the best on the golf pitch, but outside he was inspiration for many people.
10 Inspirational Tiger Woods Quotes:
1. “Winning is not always the barometer of getting better.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
2. “I want to be what I’ve always wanted to be: dominant.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
3. “I love to compete. That’s the essence of who I am.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
4.” I’m all or nothing.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
5. “My will can move mountains.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
6. “I’ve always known where I wanted to go in life.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
7. “I’m addicted. I’m addicted to golf.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
8. “The greatest thing about tomorrow is I will be better than I am today.” – Tiger Woods Quotes
9. “I smile at obstacles.” – Tiger Woods Quotes