15 Great Winston Churchill Quotes That Will Change The Way You Think
Sir Winston Churchill became the Prime Minister of U.K. in 1940 and was revered by many as the wisest person of all times. He played a key role during the World War II to defeat Axis powers.
Here are 15 great Winston Churchill quotes to transform your life:
1. Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
If you’re looking for a secret ingredient for success, then stop looking. The only thing you need is perseverance, i.e. the ability to keep going no matter what.
2. Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities because it has been said, it is the quality which guarantees all others.
Courage is important because it opens doors to opportunities that aren’t claimed by others. Because most people go after the low-hanging fruit and never try to reach their full potential. This is the reason entrepreneurs, such as Elon Musk, who take unfathomable risks are rewarded gloriously by the market.
3. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
We all go through circumstances in our lives when nothing seems to make sense. In such moments, it is necessary not to give up. Because many people give up when they are a few inches close to winning. Among all great Winston Churchill quotes, this one stands out.
4. You have enemies? Good. It means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.
If others don’t see your worth, it doesn’t mean that you’re not worth anything. And if you’ve made some enemies, it only shows that you’re not a people pleaser and you’d rather stand alone and defend your values instead of giving in for the sake of safety.
5. It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time.
As Steve Jobs said, “You can only connect the dots looking backward.” Having a vision of the future is necessary, but you cannot know for sure what is going to happen years from now. Therefore, it is essential to be grounded in the present or you’ll forever worry about the future.
6. Every man should ask himself each day whether he is not too readily accepting negative solutions.
The truth is that negativity sells much easier than positivity – on news channels, in gossip among your colleagues and so on. But you should never accept negative solutions because they limit your potential. Instead, you should always make choices that expand your reach and don’t shrink you into your comfort zone. Among all great Winston Churchill quotes, this one is a gem.
7. We shape our dwellings, and afterwards our dwellings shape us.
First, we make our habits, then our habits make us. By choosing healthy habits such as working out, working hard on your craft, and spending time with family, you build a solid foundation for the future. If you choose destructive habits, then don’t expect Santa to reward you with greatness in the future.
8. Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
There are people who go from extreme poverty to extreme greatness without any external support. And there are people who are born rich yet make themselves miserable. It is all about the attitude, the perspective you have in life.
Motivational Speeches Compilation (Life Is A Gift) – Fearless Motivation – WATCH FREE:
9. The price of greatness is responsibility.
Everyone wants to achieve their dreams, whether it is traveling around the world or making millions of dollars. But few have the devotion and the self-discipline.
10. To build may have to be the slow and laborious task of years. To destroy can be the thoughtless act of a single day.
It takes years to build your reputation and seconds to destroy it. The same is true for relationships. Make sure you never act out of your inflated ego and make an impulsive decision that may scar your loved ones or even yourself.
11. It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.
Reading is widely known to be the habit of the greats. When Warren Buffett was asked about the secret to success, he pointed to his nearby bookshelf and said, “Read 500 pages like this every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many of you will do it.”
12. History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
Sometimes, it may seem that things are out of control. But the truth is that you’re the writer of your own life story. Imagine a fulfilling life and you’ll experience one.
13. We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.
The purpose of life is to be of service to others. When you give, you’re fulfilling your highest duty in this life and it will bring you the utmost fulfillment. Be kind, always. Among all great Winston Churchill quotes, this one deserves a prize.
14. A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
What you experience outside is only a reflection of your world inside the architecture of your mind. If you feel low, everything will put you off. If you’re high on life, nothing will shatter your enthusiasm.
15. Continuous effort – not strength or intelligence – is the key to unlocking our potential.
People often limit themselves by thinking that they’re not lucky, strong, or intelligent enough. But the truth is that the person who perseveres wins. If you can commit to something so much as if your life depends on it, you’ll achieve it.
Thank you for this compilation of Winston Churchill’s quotes. I found them useful.
I really love Churchill’s quote and they motivated me. Thank you sir.