15 Powerful Lionel Messi Quotes To Help You Achieve Your Dreams
Lionel Messi is considered by some as one of the greatest players of all time, by many THE greatest player of all time. His magnificent speed, composure, control and strength are hard to replicate. With so many qualities fused in one, there is much we can learn from him.
Here are the best Lionel Messi quotes to push you toward your dreams.
1. “You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”
Everyone has dreams. Some dream about money, others want to succeed in their craft whether it is singing, writing or fashion designing. Whatever it is, you need to grind every day. In the end, the ones who consistently put in the efforts will win.
2. “The best decisions aren’t made with your mind, but with your instinct.”
Your intuition is powerful because it’s exclusive to you. It knows things about you that no personality test can describe. Think about Elon Musk’s desire to go on Mars. It may sound ridiculous to everyone. But it was his intuition and he’s making it a reality.
3. “A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.”
If you want to win, stop listening to people who pull you down. When people can’t do things themselves, they will tell you “it’s risky” or “it’s difficult”. If you want something, go get it. Period. This is one of the best Lionel Messi quotes on our list.
4. “You can overcome anything, if and only if you love something enough.”
There are many people who suffered from emotional abuse in their childhood, lived in poverty and yet came out at the top. It is because they had an innate devotion for their work. How bad do you want it?
5. “There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.”
Winning and losing is important in life. Everyone wants to live with dignity and respect. But when all’s said and done, people don’t give a dime about how much money you have. All they care about it how you treat them. All that matters is what you do for others.
6. “Money is not a motivating factor…My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn’t paid to be a professional footballer, I would willingly play for nothing.”
Money can only do so much for you. As human beings we are driven by emotion. And the wildest emotion comes from the possibility of our dreams becoming real. Money is just a by-product.
7. “Sometimes you have to accept you can’t win all the time.”
It’s okay to lose some battles if you want to win the war. Whenever you fall, learn from your mistakes and then get back up. Among all Lionel Messi quotes, this one strikes a different chord.
8. “When the year starts, the objective is to win with all the team, personal records are secondary.”
You can never achieve your dreams alone. You’ll need your family to be emotionally healthy. You’ll need your friends and colleagues to give you the right resources and ideas and point you in the right direction. Be loyal to your tribe.
Lionel Messi Motivational Video: A God Amongst Men:
9. “Being a bit famous now gives me the opportunity to help people who really need it, especially children.”
When you achieve success, don’t feel entitled and spend your money all on yourself. There are people who suffer so much that they can’t have water or one meal the whole day. Great people take responsibility for others. They understand that the greater purpose is to give and heal.
10. “I like to score goals but I also like to have friends among the people I have played with.”
Seeing others as competitors is okay when it helps you with your preparation. But you must never have animosity towards them. The greatest fighters always have mutual respect.
11. “Every year I try to grow as a player and not get stuck in a rut. I try to improve my game in every way possible. But that trait is not something I’ve worked on, it’s part of me.”
No matter how successful you become, there will always be room for growth. As humans, it is our deepest desire to experience our fullest potential and keep growing until the day we die.
12. “I think my desire to always get better, [is a trait that accounts for my success], to always want more, to always be my top critic, and accepting the good and the bad.”
You should never settle in life. There is so much to explore and so much to achieve. Always focus on improvement. This is one of the best Lionel Messi quotes ever.
13. “Something deep in my character allows me to take the hits and get on with trying to win.”
People don’t become legends because of their greed or talent. They become great when they are called to a deeper longing within them to surpass all boundaries. You have to have the innate desire to succeed.
14. “The only thing that matters is playing. I have enjoyed it since I was a little boy, and I still try to do that every time I go out on to a pitch. I always say that when I no longer enjoy it or it’s no longer fun to do it, then I won’t do it anymore. I do it because I love it and that’s all I care about.”
You have to do what you love. Life is too short to chase money or live by the opinions of others. As Arnold Schwarzenegger said, “What’s the point of being on this Earth if all you want to be is be liked and avoid trouble?
Leo Messi doing what he does best:
15. “I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year. It took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.”
The secret to massive success is that there is no secret. You need to grind. Everyday. What we see as overnight success is often the result of almost two decades! This one stands out among all Lionel Messi quotes.