20 Great Motivational Quotes by People Who Changed the World
We should never stop learning. That’s how we grow. Here are some great motivational quotes that contain powerful lessons for life.
Powerful Words From Iconic Figures (Motivational Video) WATCH NOW:
1. “If you work hard and meet your responsibilities, you can get ahead; no matter where you came from, what you look like, or who you love.” – Barack Obama
What to do: Take action, stop sitting with problems.
The lesson here is that nothing else can limit you except yourself. So, stop dwelling in self-doubt and start taking action.
2. “Everything will probably never be okay. But we have to try for it.” – Vladimir Putin
What to do: When things don’t feel right, take the smallest step.
How many times have you put something off because the conditions weren’t just right? And how many times did conditions actually got right?
3. “You must always equip yourself through training and sharpening your skill all the time.” – Tunku Abdul Rahman
What to do: Join a class, learn from a book or watch an educational YouTube channel.
People often chase money but they forget a very fundamental law – the market rewards skills. The more skilled you are, the greater impact you have and the more you earn. Skill comes first, not the money.
4. “The courageous do not lie down and accept defeat. Instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.” – Queen Elizabeth II
What to do: When you fall, take a step back and then hit twice as hard.
We must not lose our faith when adversity strikes our door. It’s the law of nature to reward the relentless. When you’re down, take some time but you must, but strike back twice as hard.
5. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
What to do: See failures as lessons to learn.
People believe that those who win are naturally strong. But that’s not the case. Strength comes from facing failures head on. Even if you fall, don’t surrender. Great motivational quotes like this can do wonders if you act on them.
6. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
What to do: Don’t stop taking action. Keep going forward.
Whenever you feel stuck in life, it’s because you’ve stopped taking action. Get into the driver’s seat and take control of your life.
7. “It’s fine to celebrate success. But it’s better to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
What to do: Take strength from success, but take lessons from failure.
Failure is a tool that shows you what you’re doing wrong and how you can get on the right path. Use this tool well.
8. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
What to do: Leave the herd.
We often do things because others are also doing them. But it stifles our creativity. So, become a self-expert and know what you’re good at. That’s inevitable if you want to become great. Among all of our great motivational quotes, this one is the real gold.
9. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
What to do: Don’t be afraid to fail.
In Silicon Valley, if you have a startup and it fails, you can wear that failure like a badge of honor. This cultivates a culture of growth, free-thinking and creativity. So, don’t be afraid to miss the mark.
10. “You are never too young to lead, nor too old to act. And you should never doubt your capacity to triumph where others have not.” – Kofi Annan
What to do: Stop focusing on your age and start focusing on opportunities.
Age is just a number, but some people stop living after a certain age. They stop chasing their dreams. The kid in them becomes numb. You must never give up on your dreams. Never.
11. “If you want to reach your goals and dreams, you cannot do it without discipline.” – Lee Kuan Yew.
What to do: Start a new habit even if it’s for 10-15 minutes everyday.
Discipline is like the container of your energy. Without it, you cannot focus your power in one direction. If you’re too busy partying, watching TV or just staring at the ceiling, don’t expect a miracle to happen and make your dreams real.
12. “Life will knock us down. But, we can choose to get back up.” – Jackie Chan
What to do: Choose to believe in yourself and fight.
When you fail, you can either stop fighting for your dreams or you can hit back twice as hard. Which one is it gonna be?
13. “Falling does not shape your personality. It’s how you react upon your failure. Do you dust yourself off and mope, or do you dust yourself off and come back stronger the next time? Eventually you will win.” – Tiger Woods
What to do: Don’t identify with failures. Instead, learn from them.
Some people label themselves as failures when they can’t achieve their goals. You must stop putting label on yourself. Give yourself a chance to fail bigger and fail better.
14. “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
What to do: Keep trying.
Again, failure is not in our control. But action is. When we focus our energy on something, the universe responds with opportunities. This is the law of nature.
15. “Everything negative, pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
What to do: See problems as opportunities.
If there’s one difference between average people and great people, it’s their ability to solve problems. As Tony Robbins said, problems open doors to higher possibilities.
16. “Time goes on. So whatever you’re going to do, do it. Do it now. Don’t wait.” – Robert De Niro.
What to do: Stop saying “one day”, instead make it “day one”.
Don’t wait for the right conditions. Don’t have money? Take a loan. Don’t have the skill? Take a class. Don’t have a mentor? Find one. Don’t know what to do? Write a one-page solution. Among all great motivational quotes, this one stands out.
17. “Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.” – Elvis Presley
What to do: Honor your dreams,
Great people achieve great things because they believe in their dreams. They’re mesmerized by the fact that these dreams can become real. So, take action now, or regret later.
18. “In this life, to earn your place, you have to fight for it.” – Shakira
What to do: Stop wishing, start doing.
Face it. What is the last time you achieved something good? Did it come easy? No, right? That’s how life works. So, stop wishing that life will hand you what you want and start grinding.
19. “I don’t care if the whole world is against you or teasing you or saying you’re not gonna make it. Believe in yourself. No matter what.” – Michael Jackson
What to do: Ignore the haters.
More than 5.5 million people have watched Brene Brown’s Ted talk,“The Power of Vulnerability”. According to her, if your haters have never been in your shoes, they don’t have the right to criticize you. If they never dared to step into the arena, their opinion is worthless. On our list of great motivational quotes, this one deserves a prize.
20. “I hated every minute of training. But I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion”.” – Muhammad Ali
What to do: If work seems too hard, remind yourself of your dreams.
We often get bogged down with negativity. You might even start to question why you’re working so hard if nothing goes right. But the truth is that, if you keep on working, a new door will be unlocked.
So, what are you waiting for? Start chasing your dreams. NOW.