Jim Rohn’s life is the kind of thing that legends are made of!
His life is the perfect example of an ordinary man who through his iron will and relentless spirit created an extraordinary life that continues to serve as a motivation and inspiration to many.
But how did Jim Rohn reach such a zenith of success? In his lectures, Jim Rohn has recounted many times that the turning point of his life came when a little girl of about 10 with big brown eyes knocked on his door asking him if he would buy Girl Scout cookies from her. The box was masterfully presented with an assortment of flavors and at an attractive deal for just $2. For every reason in the world, Jim wanted to buy the cookies, but he couldn’t because the truth was that he was so broke that he did not even have $2 on himself. So the next best thing he could do was to untruthfully assert to the little girl that he already had a lot of Girl Scout cookie boxes stacked in the house. With this rather innocuous deception, something in him cried out. At that moment, he had an epiphany – he swore that he was done living the way he had been. He promised that he would never be broke again and that his pocket would always be full of several hundred dollars.
With this firm resolution, Jim Rohn set out to change his life, and with stupendous hard-work over the next couple of years, he made his first fortune in the direct selling industry. Jim’s story soon became the perfect anecdote of ‘rags to riches’ that, later on, compelled him to become one of world’s leading motivational speakers. His iconic speeches and remarkable personal stories established him as a vanguard in the personal development industry.
And oh yeah, Jim even found a happy closure to the Girl Scout cookie chapter of his life when one day, while walking out of his bank after having made a hefty deposit, he saw two little girls selling candies for a girls’ organization. Without a second thought, Jim immediately bought all the boxes they had on them. One of the girls stared at him in disbelief and said, “Mister, you’re really something!” Indeed, Jim really was something!
Below is a short anthology of some of Jim’s most noteworthy quotes:
Inspirational Jim Rohn Quotes :
1. “Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems; wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenges; wish for more wisdom.” – Jim Rohn
2. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” – Jim Rohn
3. “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.” – Jim Rohn
4. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.” – Jim Rohn
5. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.” – Jim Rohn
6. “Don’t join an easy crowd. You won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform and achieve are high.” – Jim Rohn
7. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
8. “We generally change ourselves for one of two reasons: inspiration or desperation.” – Jim Rohn
9. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” – Jim Rohn
10. “The few who do are the envy of the many who watch.” – Jim Rohn
11. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.” – Jim Rohn
12. “Success is what you attract by the person you become.” – Jim Rohn
13. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.” – Jim Rohn
14. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
15. “If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn
16. “The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized – never knowing.” – Jim Rohn
17. “Let others lead small lives, but not you… Let others argue over small things, but not you… Let others cry over small hurts, but not you… Let others leave their future in someone else’s hands, but not you.” – Jim Rohn
18. “You cannot change your destination overnight. You can change your direction.” – Jim Rohn
19. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
20. “Successful people have libraries. The rest have big screen TVs.” – Jim Rohn
Below is a list of the best Jim Rohn Books – We hope they inspire you to greatness:
Jim Rohn Books :
1. My Philosophy for successful Living – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews here
2. Five Major Pieces to the life puzzle – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews here
3. 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America’s Foremost Business Philosopher – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
4. The 12 Pillars – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
5. Building Your Network Marketing Business – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
6. The Art of Exceptional Living – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
7. The Seasons of Life – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
8. The Jim Rohn Guides – Complete Set – Books by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
9. Jim Rohn Best Quotes & Greatest Lessons Book – Reviews Here
10. Greatest Life Lessons – Book by Jim Rohn – Reviews Here
What is your favourite Jim Rohn Book – Your opinion on Jim Rohn’s greatest quote? Have your say below.
Leave a Reply