17 Tupac Quotes On Life, Hope, and Meaning
Tupac Shakur was one of the most influential people of his times. As a talented rapper, actor, an inspirational figure, and a mean gangsta, he inspired people throughout his life and beyond.
His music was about the tough and violent ghetto life. He was a very successful musician but was always involved in violence and rifts with the police. Nevertheless, he always stood for what he believed in.
Here are 17 Tupac quotes on life, success, and meaning:
1. Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
We have the power to bring our dreams to life. The reality, as we know it, exists because of our life conditioning and our thoughts to this point. There is no such thing as actual reality, only your perception of it. So DREAM BIG, work hard, and conquer everything that comes before you.
2. My mama always used to tell me: ‘If you can’t find somethin’ to live for, you best find somethin’ to die for.
In life, you may at times feel disappointed and question whether life is worth it. The truth is that we have to take responsibility and find satisfaction in life by living our values – whether it is family, work, or anything else. Find something to live for.
3. Whatever you see you gotta keep a sense of humor; you gotta be able to smile through all the bulls***.
Whether you are going through a tough or easy phase, never lose your humor. Circumstances are like weather, sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s bad. But that doesn’t mean we have to beat ourselves over it. This is one of the greatest Tupac quotes as it teaches us the value of humor.
4. Everybody’s at war with different things…I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.
Sometimes there’ll be conflict between what you should do and what you want to do. But life’s about riding the bumps to reach where you want.
5. I don’t have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.
Tupac believed that there’s enough struggle in life that it’s better to die than to come back and live the same struggle. Well we don’t know about afterlife, but if you live with integrity and help others, you will die peacefully.
6. I want to grow. I want to be better. You grow. We all grow. We’re made to grow. You either evolve or you disappear.
Never stop growing. We have the capacity to build things, learn new concepts, bring life to ideas, and do wonderful things when we join forces with other talented individuals. So keep growing. This is one of the greatest Tupac quotes as it encourages us to grow.
7. It’s the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they’re gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it’s my turn to leave.
Life isn’t as long as they tell you. As Dalai Lama says, it’s a tiny blip considering the scale of life in the cosmos. So it’s best to live with humor and joy.
8. Is it a crime, to fight, for what is mine?
You must fight for your dreams because if you don’t, you will always live in regret. There is no crime in going after the life YOU WANT, even if that doesn’t suit those around you.
9. Hate to sound sleazy, but tease me, I don’t want it if it’s that easy.
Nothing good in life comes easy. And the things that come easy, don’t feel good. Because real pleasure lies in overcoming a challenge and realizing your strength. This is one of the greatest Tupac quotes as it teaches us that challenges exist for a reason.
10. I’d rather die like a man than live like a coward.
It’s better to live with honor than live with fear. Stand up for what you believe in and live your own truths. Don’t be afraid of what they’ll say and be yourself.
11. A woman brought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one.
We come into this world because of our mothers’ hardships and their nourishment. So we have no right to disrespect a woman. They are the preservers of life and we must respect that.
12. I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing. Through every dark night, there’s a bright day after that. So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep ya head up, and handle it.
As David Goggins puts it, suffering is the true test of life. Our job is to push harder each time we fail. Embrace the suck and keep moving forward. This is one of the greatest Tupac quotes as it teaches us to persevere.
13. There’s nobody in the business strong enough to scare me.
Nothing out there can defeat you but your own mind. Conquer your mind or it will conquer you.
14. Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside while still alive. Never surrender.
Never let your dreams die. They are the truest expressions of who you are. Chase them, every single day. This is one of the greatest Tupac quotes as it teaches us to live our dreams.
15. Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
You are only as young or old as your dreams. Be willing to pay the price to bring them to life. Nothing worth having comes easy.
16. Don’t believe everything you hear. Real eyes realize real lies.
People will spread lies based on fear and their own insecurities. They will tell you it isn’t possible. Don’t listen to them. This is one of the greatest Tupac quotes as it teaches us to live our own truth.
17. That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don’t see why everybody feels as though they gotta tell me how to live my life.
We have a natural tendency to run away from pain. But if you do one thing that scares you every day, you’ll join the ranks of people who walk their talk and run this world. Do what others aren’t willing to do to get what others don’t get.