20 Great Motivational Quotes by People Who Changed the World
Take note of these powerful quotes from people who changed the world. They might just change yours too.
1. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
All of the greatest achievements in human history started with a single step, wherever you plan to go begin with the first step today.
2. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
It’s easy to get overwhelmed, especially if you have a grand vision. You can always change paths later on, even if you’re not ready, just by starting you will have completed the most difficult part of the process.
3. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Size counts for nothing without the will to stand firm against oppression and injustice. You can not beat a person who refuses to give up.
4. “You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Christopher Columbus
Perhaps the scariest part of life, is letting go of your safety net. Venturing off on your own knowing that any catastrophe could spell your end.
While this can be terrifying it can also be incredibly empowering, you will grow in ways you never thought about and learn a lot about yourself.
5. “The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.” – John Maxwell
The easiest thing to be in this world is a pessimist. It’s harder to be an optimist and for every optimist there will be 10 pessimists.
The hardest thing to be is a leader, an action-taker, to lead from the front in the face of the doubters an detractors, with the courage of a leader you can achieve anything you want in this world.
6. “Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein
Money counts for little without character and integrity. If you focus on helping others and providing genuine value, success will surely follow.
7. “Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.” – Confucius
Life is the most forgotten blessing.
We get so caught up in each day that it’s easy to forget the miracle we experience in every moment.
Take a moment today to appreciate what you are grateful for and the beauty of the world around you
8. “Everything negative, pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
If there’s one difference between average people and great people, it’s that great people use doubt and difficulty as fuel to drive them forward.
You may of been beaten down but if you still hear that voice inside telling you to get back up, it’s a sign of a higher calling. It’s a sign you need to regroup, use what you have learned and come back better than ever before.
9. “You are never too young to lead, nor too old to act. And you should never doubt your capacity to triumph where others have not.” – Kofi Annan
Age is just a number. Success is just a decision, many people will try to convince you otherwise but if you go after something with everything you’ve got, you can do it.
Believe you are in the 1% as Muhammad Ali said, “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.”
Remember, there is always room for the best.👇
10. “If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause and say, “Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” – Martin Luther King
No matter what you do, do it well.
Taking pride in the little things will show up later on when you strive for greatness.
11. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
We all feel fear. We are all human. Often we look up to those who have achieved what we want and assume they are superhuman.
It is important to remind ourselves that we all have difficulties to overcome to get where we want to be.
If things get hard remember, that is part of the process and developing the skills and strength to overcome that is something you will look back on with pride.
12. “The courageous do not lie down and accept defeat. Instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.” – Queen Elizabeth II
We must not lose our faith when adversity strikes our door.
It’s the law of nature to reward the relentless. When you’re down, rest if you must but don’t dare quit. Come back stronger and fight on.
13. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
People believe that those who win are naturally strong, that is not the case.
Strength comes from facing failures head on. Failure is not the end, it is a necessary step to acquire the skills required to get to the level you are truly capable of.
14. “Your past does not equal your future.” – Tony Robbins
Don’t ever look back, because you’re not going that way.
With one decision you can change your life and your future.
Every morning we are greeted by the possibility that we can change everything and become whomever we so wish. Who will you be today?
15. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
Keep moving forward.
Don’t get caught up in the doubt and difficulties even if you’re not sure just take action and move on, you will learn more and advance much quicker that way.
16. “While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.” – Benjamin Franklin
One of our greatest powers is that we can always control our thoughts and conduct.
Life is unpredictable, there will be times when you are truly tested, don’t fold up and become bitter, stand firm with your integrity and values, someone with irrefutable inner strength will always find a way back to the light.
17. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.” – Steve Jobs
If you want to do anything, you will have people that doubt you.
Any kind of advancement or success will only bring more doubters and detractors.
If you want to be more than average, you have to believe in your own vision and capabilities, trust your instincts and have the courage to keep going when times get tough.
18. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Nelson Mandela
No great story ever begins with, “It was easy.” Appreciate the challenges you have overcome, they are a sign of your strength.
19. “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.” – Picasso
The incredible wonder and imagination of youth often gets stamped out of us even before our education ends.
Dare to be different.
Encourage your creativity and you will live a much more fulfilled life.
20. “I hated every minute of training. But I said, “Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
A few months of all out effort could literally transform your life.
Greatness is not awarded without sacrifice. Many people have lofty goals but change their minds when they realize the sacrifice required.
If you’re willing to suffer to get where you know you belong, if you have the tenacity to keep going when anyone else would crumble, if you’re willing to outwork everyone with an unnatural dedication to self-discipline and self-improvement; you are on your way to greatness.
Powerful Words From Iconic Figures (Motivational Video) WATCH NOW: